How do I find research studies?
Research for Me is home to hundreds of UNC research studies ready to partner with participants! There are a few ways to find and get in contact with study teams to let them know you’re interested in a study.
Searching for Research Studies
Finding a study is as simple as searching for a keyword or topic area on the Find Studies page.
You can filter your search by age group, convenience, and study availability:
- Studies listed as open are active and ready for participation.
- Studies that are coming soon will be active within the next 30 days. You won’t be able to contact the study team until that study opens.
- Studies listed as by physician referral or invitation only will not have any listed contact information available. Because they are looking for very specific participants, people will be invited or referred by their doctor.
- Studies that are not currently enrolling are no longer looking for participants.
Telling a study team you are interested:
If you find a study and want to learn more, you can reach out to the study team in two ways:
- If you register for an account, you can just click the “I’m Interested” button on the study’s page.
- An email will go to a member of the research team letting them know you are interested. The research team will contact you by phone or email (whichever you have provided in your account profile)
- Sometimes, studies may have a survey to see if you are able to participate, or participation only involves taking one survey. For some of these studies, the “I’m Interested” button may take you directly to this
- If you don’t want to register here, feel free to reach out to the study team directly using this listed contact information. For open studies, team contact information will be shown toward the bottom of the listing.
Registering for Research for Me allows you to express interest in studies quickly. Your information is only shared with a study team when you click “I’m Interested.” You can also keep track of studies you’re interested in on your Just for Me page.
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Sometimes, Research for Me may not have a study in the topic area you’re looking for. While we encourage you to keep checking back, there are several other resources you can use to find studies locally or across the United States.
- Clinicaltrials.gov – the largest public registry of clinical trials by the National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- ResearchMatch – A nonprofit program funded by the NIH to connect people interested in research studies with researchers.
- Clinical Trials at Duke
- Clinical Trials at Wake Forest
- CISCRP - Center for Information and Study on Clinical Research Participation